Tuesday, September 2, 2008

17 Weeks with Nursery Furniture

So it's only Sept 2nd, and we already have our nursery furniture!!! I know, I know... it's a little early. But once we picked out what we wanted, the lady at the store said it was a popular design and may take longer than usual (12 weeks or so). Four weeks later, our furniture is in! I have to say, however, that I absolutely LOVE already having it in the nursery. I cleaned it all up a few nights ago and started putting some things away, and now I can't quit going in there and just sitting on the floor to stare at it all. Can hardly wait to get bedding and other baby stuff to fill it all up!

Also, for all of you Kobi lovers out there, I have good news. Mom, Jen and I plugged in the CD player in the nursery yesterday and turned on the "Dog Meet Baby" CD. After a few sniffs and paws at the player, the baby sounds didn't even bother Kobi. Matter of fact, he ended up curling up on the floor by the CD player. So I think there's hope! :)

I cannot believe how much I'm starting to show! It sure seems like in the past week my belly has really started to shoot out. I LOVE IT!!!! I just wish I could feel baby move! I keep trying and trying but just can't seem to feel her/him yet. I'm so ready to feel that first flutter!

Here's our 17 week post from "What to Expect When You're Expecting"
Take a look at your hand. Your baby is about palm-size now, with a crown-to-rump length of 5 inches and an approximate weight of 5 (or more) ounces. Body fat is beginning to form, but your little one is still quite skinny, with skin that is practically translucent. This week, your baby is all about practice, practice, practice in preparation for birth. One important skill baby is sharpening now: sucking and swallowing - to get ready for that first (and second...and third) suckle at breast or bottle. Your baby's heart rate is regulated by the brain (no more spontaneous beats) and clocks in at 140 to 150 beats per minute (roughly twice your own heart rate).

1 comment:

Natalie said...

i want to see pics of the furniture! lucky you - we ordered ours very early, but it didn't come in until many months after bennett was born, as im sure you remember reading. be so happy you have your furniture! :)