The 14 months of working in Labor & Delivery at Willis Knighton Pierremont was such an unbelievable experience. I quickly found my nursing niche. But when it came time to graduate, with no positions available at WKP (at the time), I was excited to accept a job at LSU in the Labor Unit / Triage. I figured such a high-risk labor unit would be an awesome learning experience. And it was...for the 3 weeks I was there. Yes, you read that correctly...I quit after only 3 weeks.
Loved their unit, but if you know me at all, I think you'll agree that I'd rather be around HAPPY pregnant people. And "happy" is not the word I would choose for the majority of pregnant women there. So, I quickly changed from LSU to WK Pierremont. Luckily the timing was perfect, and they had a day position for me. I am SO excited!!! I'll be back with my WKP girls!
Friday, June 20, 2008
I like HAPPY pregnant people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY!! You are back where you always belonged!! You definitely need to be around happy pregnant people! Ray and I are so happy for you and Jay!! I can hardly wait to see you (and hopefully a little bump!)
I am so happy for you, Sarah! I can see how unhappy pregnant women wouldn't be much fun, ESPECIALLY now that you are pregnant!! Sometimes things just work out how they should... Now you will never have regrets about LSU, cause u know what is there... I think you will be so happy at WKP!
Rebecca
Post a Comment